Thursday, February 24, 2022

Colleen Hoover - Regretting You


Colleen Hoover - Regretting You

 4.5 ⭐

Genre: Romance, Contemporary Romance, Domestic Fiction

Pages: 363 

Format:  Kindle Book

Favourite Quote: 'It means people who make mistakes usually learn from them. That doesn't make them hypocrites. It makes them experienced' (Page 59).


Book Blurb: 

Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did. By getting pregnant and married way too young, Morgan put her own dreams on hold. Clara doesn’t want to follow in her mother’s footsteps. Her predictable mother doesn’t have a spontaneous bone in her body.

With warring personalities and conflicting goals, Morgan and Clara find it increasingly difficult to coexist. The only person who can bring peace to the household is Chris―Morgan’s husband, Clara’s father, and the family anchor. But that peace is shattered when Chris is involved in a tragic and questionable accident. The heartbreaking and long-lasting consequences will reach far beyond just Morgan and Clara.



My Review: 


This was my first book by CoHo and I must say I was so immersed, fascinated and impressed. Honestly, I loved it so much! I didn’t want to put the book down, or for it to end!

The story itself…well I liked that the romance between the characters was subtle and that most of the book was dedicated to characters dealing with everyday life after a tragic loss. I liked that the romance aspects were not over the top like in so many books with a similar plot to ‘Regretting You’.

I really think that double POV’s made this book brilliant! It captures the different emotions that both characters experience when it comes to the same tragedy. It showed how the same scenarios are experienced and understood differently by different people…as well as how different people deal with tragedy’s/loss.

I loved the characters and then hated them and then experienced the whole rollercoaster of emotions…and at the end, I just really wished to read the book from Chri’s and Jenny’s POV…because let’s face it there were some questions that needed answering! Plus, I wanted to know them as I got to know Morgan and Clara.

Why I gave it 4.5 stars…

Well...Morgan did not read the letters! I needed to know what was in them! It was like finishing a season of your favourite TV show and it ending on a massive cliff-hanger and you having to wait a year or more to find out what happens next… That’s how it felt with the letters!

Also, Lexi…Her character just didn’t do it for me. Nah. For me, it felt like a ‘must’ character just because Clara needed a friend in school. Lexie was absent through Clara’s tragedy, which for me is a bit weird, as I would be helping my best friend as much as I can to cope with something tragic like this.

Overall, I loved it! I love CoHo’s style of writing and I already have her other books on my TBR pile and definitely have high hopes for them, too!

I really recommend this book to anyone who wants to experience a roller-coaster of emotions all in one place (tears included).

No comments:

Post a Comment